Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kuang Xi Waterfall and my Lao Homestay


He just wants a hug

First time for me seeing water like this


I couldn't resist and climbed up to this rock

It looks like I slipped and fell but I really did jump

Yeah Tom yeahhhh!

In the first village Martin and I partook in this game which is essentially volleyball played with your feet. These kids were incredible and could swing their feet up high enough to spike the ball down.
Our journey by boat begins! These boats are extremely narrow and very wobbly.
This young Lao girl plants peanuts under the hot sun. Was funny to see these little hands emerge and disappear from under her hat.
Me getting laughed at

We visited the village school.

Claudia was agog at the children. She pretty much exemplifies the standard Italian mother.
Crickets and wild mushrooms. I didn't try the crickets, partially because I didn't want to offend if I spat them up. The mushrooms were chewy and tasted exotic. The water (which they get from the mountains) tasted like earth to me

This was about half the crowd which eventually stuck around. The young Lao girl in front of me was super sweet and very shy, but Claudia had no reservations about pulling her into this photo. 

Martin receiving his good luck.


Communal bowls. The sticky rice is cropped out here. You'd roll it into a ball and use it to scoop out the laap - the black stuff which we agreed contained spinach and fish mainly.  












No comments:

Post a Comment